The first and unique brand specializing in skin depigmentation for caucasian and ethnic skins. The following offers are introductory offers:
ME LINE MELASMA FULL FACE TREATMENT – R1000 SAVE R1500
ME LINE SPOT TREATMENT – R300 SAVE R1200
ME LINE DARK CIRCLES TREATMENT – R700 SAVE R1800
ME LINE INTIMATE TREATMENT – R700 SAVE R4250
*Please note ME LINE homecare has to be purchased with treatments for optimal and long lasting results
ABOUT ME LINE
ME LINE peels are an innovative treatment for treating pigmentation and sun damage.
As well as hyperpigmentation and melano-hematic pigmentation, ME LINE also treats dermatitis, signs of ageing (lines) and acne in a process referred to as ‘controlled chemical dermabrasion’.
Controlled Chemical Dermabrasion
This phrase describes the process of using chemical agents to peel away the top layer of dead skin cells.
The ME LINE process includes preparation, peel and then a programme of aftercare at home with special products designed to designed to control pigmentation, decrease melanin production, promote renewal of skin cells, improve sun damage and even out the tone and colour of the skin.
- Skin preparation includes cleansing, degreasing and use of special ME LINE preparation compound with 2-3 layers left to act for the appropriate length of time before removal and rinsing
- Application of ME LINE peel/mask, using a thicker application on the areas requiring more intensity (e.g. hyperpigmentation, fine lines, acne), left to act for the appropriate length of time. Some patients return home with the mask still in place
- A special aftercare regime will be provided, including gentle washing, barrier creams, sun screen and special ME LINE products after 3 days
- A repeat ME LINE peel/mask is recommended after 8 weeks
A clinical study of 168 participants was carried out, including patients with hyperpigmentation, skin ageing and acne.
- Excellent results in 95% of cases of hyperpigmentation
- Excellent results in 90% of cases for the aged skin group
- Excellent results in 85% of patients with acne-prone skin
- Excellent results in 65% of cases with melano-hematic pigmentation
There were no complications to the treatment.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What hyperpigmentation conditions can be treated?
Hyperpigmentation results from increased melanin levels due to melanocyte hyperactivity. This is a sign of photo-aging of the skin due to excessive sun exposure. Melasma and/or chloasma are specific hyperpigmentation, which can be very challenging to treat due to their tendency to recur. While hyperpigmentation can be significantly improved, long term results depend on regular use of a high factor sun screen.
What acne problems can be treated?
Acne-prone skin generally has increased sebum secretion, open pores and for many patients, redness or flushing (especially with fair skin). Controlled chemical dermabrasion can be an excellent help for patients with acne.
What aftercare precautions do I need to take after a ME LINE peel?
It is vital that you protect your skin from the damage that UVA and UVB rays cause by using a high factor UVA/UVB cream every day. Lift & Tuck can recommend suitable sunscreen products to complement your peel.
You will also be advised on a skin care routine:
- Wash the treated area 2-4 hours after treatment to rinse off the mask using a mild wash and plenty of clean water
- Continue using wash morning and evening, followed by a barrier cream
- On the 3rd day, start to use ME LINE O2 at night in addition to the barrier cream
- 8 weeks after treatment apply O2 in the morning and at night
What are the immediate side-effects?
Immediate effects in the clinical trial included reddening and flaky skin.
Patients having a stronger treatment may experience swelling. Peeling tends to start after 48 hours and will last for 3-4 days.
What skin types can ME LINE be used for?
- Caucasian and ethnic skin types
- Acne-prone and spotty skin
- Suitable for use on the face or body (e.g. acne chest/shoulders)
When can’t I have ME LINE?
ME LINE is not suitable under the following conditions:
- Active skin infection (especially with herpes simplex or purpuric lesions)
- Allergy to any of the active ingredients in ME LINE
- Recent sun exposure
- Photosensitivity and autoimmune diseases
- Immediate social engagements, due to the likelihood of redness/peeling
What makes ME LINE special?
ME LINE’s controlled chemical dermabrasion product is an innovative treatment for a number of reasons:
- Application in the form of an occlusive emulsion
- Formulation with various active ingredients to act on pigmentation at different points
- Leave-on time
Cape Connection, 59 Garstfontein Road, Waterkloof,
Chanel van der Spuy: +27 83 327 3437
l’Oreal van der Spuy: +27 82 803 6992
Monday-Friday: 9:00 – 18:00 | Saturday: 08:30 – 14:00
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY