Your skin usually assumes that scars, stretch marks and wrinkles are repaired, but with micro needling treatments, the skin is tricked into repairing itself, producing more collagen and elastin.
ABOUT DERMAPEN MICRONEEDLING
The Dermapen uses multiple needles that pierce the skin vertically with minimal pain compared to traditional Dermaroller rejuvenation. The Dermapen skin rejuvenation treatment has great results and there appears to be much less epidermal damage. The automatic, high speed vibrating function of the Dermapen increases the effectiveness of the treatment by rapidly creating multiple insertions, quickly and clinically, dramatically reducing pain and discomfort for the patient.
The concept of skin needling is based on the skin’s ability to repair itself whenever it encounters physical damage such as cuts, abrasions and other physical trauma. Immediately after an injury occurs our skin destroys old damaged tissue such as acne scarring and wrinkles and replaces it with new fresh healthy collagen. Skin needling allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self repair mechanism by creating micro “injuries” in the skin which triggers a whole cascade of events that result in new collagen synthesis. The result is smoother, firmer and younger looking skin down the line. A great treatment for all skin types especially patients with acne scarring, enlarged pores and moderate to severe wrinkling.
Skin needling procedures are performed in a safe and precise manner with the use of the sterile Dermapen needle head. The procedure is normally completed within 60 minutes for the entire face and neck and up to 60 minutes for the body depending on the size of the problem area. This is a great treatment for stretch marks and sagging/crepey skin. Before the procedure commences a topical anaesthetic or local block is applied to the client’s skin to ensure a virtually painless experience. During the treatment, the practitioner gently moves the DermaPen over the client’s skin to create miniscule sub-cutaneous channels. This is perceived by the body as a “mini wound” which stimulates the release of growth factors that trigger the production of collagen and elastin, which is all part of the healing process. This new fresh collagen remodels over time and thus one can expect moderate skin tightening of the treated area down the line. Sagging skin, stretch marks, pores and acne scars are all improved upon.
- The Dermapen skin rejuvenation treatment appears to have improved results and there appears to be much less epidermal damage as the needles are injected at a straight angle instead of rolling in at an angle as with manual roller device.
- The automatic Dermapen induces more micro injections per square centimeter with mild discomfort only.
- Automatic Needle adjustments on the fly from 0.3mm-2.5mm allow for all treatments to be tailored to individual patient needs. When treating acne scars on the cheeks, one can adjust the Dermapen to a depth of 2.5 mm depth for better results. Over the eyelid area the needle depth can be decreased to 0.5 mm. The electrical stimulation and vibrating function of the Dermapen make the treatment less painful especially on the body for the treatment of stretch marks.
- The Dermapen results in a more controlled and uniform treatment giving more consistent results.
- Each treatment is done with sharp needles as new needles are used at each treatment, disposable needles eliminate risk of cross contamination.
- Because of the adjustable depths and the slim design of the Dermapen, therapists are able to treat hard to reach areas such around the nose and eyes by adjusting the needle depth of penetration.
- Dermapen treatments done by trained therapists allows for improved rejuvenation for wrinkles, smoker’s lines around the lips, skin tightening, large pores, stretch marks, scars and surgical scars.
Cape Connection, 59 Garstfontein Road, Waterkloof,
Closed on Mondays | Tuesday-Friday: 9:00 – 18:00 | Saturday: 08:30 – 13:00
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY